Thursday, August 12, 2010

Oh hai, Internets.

Do you ever just feel like writing? Or talking? How about singing in the car?

I just feel full to bursting with information, emotions, confusion, and opinions, so blogging seemed the appropriate outlet. Writing isn't a strong skill for me- in fact, most of the time I hate doing it, but it'll work...At least for now!

My back home humans keep asking for updates and this seems an easy way to please both parties. (this works for both of us!)

I just moved to the North Bay in California from Boston and feel like my world was turned upside down (eastside west?). The grocery stores are different, nobody says wicked, I have to drive EVERYWHERE, and it's definitely not warm here. I was duped. I start most sentences with "in Boston..." lately and I'm sure it's getting old. I've been chucked into a new environment and have no idea what to expect. I've been waiting (and working) my whole life to get here, but now I feel sort of like... "Cool. Now what?"

I'm a first year medical student.
I'm psyched.
I'm scared to death.
I'm not sure what I was thinking.
I couldn't be more grateful.

Today we did an exercise with our classmates that got me thinking (I'm sure the professors saw that coming)... I have no effing idea who any of these people are! We've only been here a week, but it definitely feels like I've known my new friends for much longer. We're all trying to figure each other out and it's interesting to see who divulges what about themselves- who trusts whom with any detail about who they were, what they did before coming here, and what they hope to get by being here. We've talked about relationships, strengths and weaknesses, life experiences, favorites, politics, and weather. I've got a lot to learn. We're a strange collection with all varieties of life experiences, and I only hope that makes the group stronger because, like it or not, we're in this (All in, all the time!) for a while. Together. I like that.

That said- I've tended to keep a lot to myself. I'm not trying to be... sketchy... I'm just hesitant, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment