Monday, August 8, 2011

I Miss Me, too...

The good news is that I hadn't been updating because I was having too much fun this summer. The bad news is, summer is over and I'm reluctant to admit school is back in full swing. To deepen my denial, I'll blog while I should be paying attention in class!

I went to a lot of fun places and did a lot of fun stuff this summer:
Indianapolis (less fun, more functional... the locals are incredibly friendly!) for a Cranial Course.
Cape Cod/Boston/NH for vacation, beach time, family, a wedding (congrats, Katie!), and shenanigans.
Portland for farms, family, a wedding (congrats Sian!), and fresh air.

I also spent a lot of time exploring my new neighborhood (is it still new?) and making sure my couch was comfortable for the new school year by watching tons of TV- helloooo Don Draper!

I'm trying sincerely to get back into the swing of things, I was definitely not ready to start the semester. It's not the studying that worries me... I'm not sure if I can let go of myself the way I did last semester. I know a lot of you noticed I was different whenever I was home, and that was harder to accept than anything I had to learn in school. Before I got to California people kept saying that this would change me; that it would be harder than anything I'd done before. It's not that I didn't believe them, I just figured that whatever it was, I could handle it. And I am handling it... sort of... but this year I'll be doing things differently. What I learned is that no matter how much more I need to study, volunteer, go to group meetings, fit in, and "change the world," I can't do any of those things without Me.

Wish me luck.

<3 <3 B


No comments:

Post a Comment