Saturday, December 18, 2010

You're 1/2 Irish? I'm 1/8th Doctor...

And just like that- it's over. I'm exhausted, elated, and super emotional. I'm also sitting in Denver International airport waiting 3 hours for a flight I may or may not get on, waiting to go home for the holidays. I can't wait to see friends and family and, most of all, not study. It was a rough semester, what with life happening and all, but I made it. We all made it. Some of our grades were already updated, and I'm happy to say I passed. I definitely did not get an 'A'- but my improvement throughout the semester has made me happy! I feel like I really fell into step with myself as a medstudent- whatever that means. I'm used to things now like sucking it up and sleeping 5 hours some nights, not waxing my eyebrows (ever), and telling Tim "I'm sorry, but we can't watch Xfiles again tonight..." (that was not an inuendo). I'm used to studying like a maniac and STILL not feeling prepared for exams. I'm still not used to California drivers, though- sorry.

I'm looking forward to this break like I couldn't have imagined, but I'm already not sure what to do with myself. What do med students do when there's no studying? I brought 2 books, crochet stuff, 2 movies, a gossip magazine (I'm totes out of the loop these days... Christina divorced? Miley doing drugs? Joe Jonas and a vamp? What's happening to hollywood??), AND there's free wireless... and yet here I am. Bored. Maybe it's because I'm alone, which has been the norm for the past few weeks leading up to exams, and I'm just tired of talking to myself. If we have plans together between now and the 1st, I apologize in advance for everything I didn't tell you about my life the past few months, and the fact that I probably won't stop talking the entire time we're hanging out. Consider yourself warned. I didn't have it in me to plan much for the next 2 weeks... but I'm going to shop, sleep, eat, and relax like hell!

Merry Christmas! And don't forget to buy me stuff for my birthday!
xoxo-B

1 comment: