Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A grateful heart...

Thanksgiving is a day when people try to think of what they are thankful for so I thought I might share some things from my life that I appreciate. I know- I'm late. But holiday season always makes me feel (extra) grateful, so I feel like I'm right on time with this, since I technically have another month of holiday! I'm excited to go back East and visit friends and family soon but, in the meantime, thinking of this list will be the push I need to get through the next 3 weeks.

Today I'm grateful for:
1. Perspective
2. Armadillos
3. Adventures
4. Breakfast
5. Hot tea
6. Multi color pens
7. Tim
8. My California license plates
9. Singing in the car. Extra loud.
10. New friends
11. The couch- it's that amazing.
12. Seeing some family over Thanksgiving weekend
13. Being in medical school
14. My health
15. Healthy grieving
16. Sleeping
17. Magic slippers
18. Humor
19. Love
20. A good book (or 7...)
21. Sunsets
22. New places
23. Dancing
24. Christmas music

I try to write one of these whenever a fresh first world problem disrupts my serenity... it's comforting to see how things have changed and know that more growth is possible.
Happy Thanksgiving! <3

2 comments: